Sunday, June 19, 2016

Tips for Starwood SPG Points

 20,000 AA miles can get you a one way to Europe 6 months out of the year.

But on the bottom end, category 1 and 2 hotels range from 2,000 points to 4,000 points. Actually it works like this. Incredibly, these hotels can be a fraction of the cost of higher end hotels. And there are hotels above the top categories of 35,000 points a night. Many premium hotels like in Bora Bora or Santorini can be close to 100,000 points a night

In reality you’re going to get way more “value” out of 20,000 points going to a roundtrip flight, or a flight to Europe than you will from one stinking night at a hotel. At least in terms of cash saved, you can surely find a hotel in whatever town it is that would be cheaper than the flight in whatever route you’ll be flying.
Yet, I would be lying if I said I haven’t enjoyed great category 1 & 2 redemptions all over the world. The thing is that SPG has great low category redemptions that rival the value of transferring to miles.


Best Category 1 & 2 Starwood SPG hotels. In this post I list many of the stand out hotels and resorts that can be had for 2,000 – 4,000 points a night.


but basically all I’m saying is don’t use your SPG points lightly. Very rarely do I say “have a plan before earning”, but with SPG you could be passing up a one time opportunity that’s incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.